So today is the first day of a fresh start at this endeavor which I have given up somewhere midway once before, and I have no excuse for it except pure laziness and I couldn't have asked for a better day or people to start with.
Today's post is about me and three crazy, special people (two others are MIA);
Friends who've known me for more moons than I care to count; friends without whom I'd have no memories worth recalling of my school days; friends who accept me the way I am: friends who are the family I picked.
Today was the first time I met them in more than 4 months (or a year) and one of us is now working and the other two are at the other end of the country. Everything is different and yet nothing has changed. We have all matured over the past two years, made our own paths according to our calling, grown into our skins, spread out across the country and in some cases, barely talked in a pretty long time, and yet, at heart we are all the same old kids who'd run to each others defense should any outside force (or person\s :P ) threaten us, the "cool" kids, each others' sounding boards and 3 a.m speed dial friends, shrinks and supports through the past 16 years. Very few are fortunate enough to be blessed with friends like these; people with whom you can pick it up right where you left off even after years, like it was just yesterday and I am thankful to be one of those people. Over the years we've grown in numbers, welcoming new people ( just as special) into this "group". Earlier, I'd feared that these friends would weaken the bond that is us, but now I realize that we're much stronger than I'd imagined, and that all the new people just helped strengthen us and helped us grow!
So here's to the friendships, both new and old, but most of all, here's to the 5 people I call my best friends for life! Those four words barely cover the depth and the strength of this bond and no words could ever express what we truly mean to each other, but nevertheless, I can't help but try. Thank you for being there always. I may not say this very often, but I love each one of you with every fiber of my being, just the way you are. Here's to a lifetime of friendship!
P.S I am sorry for having been stupid and pig-headed for a pretty long time.
P.P.S R, A and D, you guys are sorely missed too.
P.P.P.S Sorry for the picture.

No comments:
Post a Comment